Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas is coming

With Christmas round the corner, I've been busy sewing cushion covers of the holiday theme. I just love the festive colours of red, green, white and gold. I've 3 sets done. The first is a commission from a friend for a pair of 14" x 14" cushions.




The next 2 sets are for 16" x 16" cushions. This one right below is from lovingly pieced back scraps! Can't afford to waste Christmas fabrics... they not only cost a bomb but are difficult to find at the local fabric stores. There was not a single bale in sight this year :(



This set was a UFO from last year. I had done the tops but just had no time to sew up the covers. A blessing in disguise since I needed these quickly as I will be visiting friends when I go down to KL later.


Yup! That's about it since the school holidays started. Of course, there were the bags... and 2 unfinished quilts which I have yet to post :) Hope to do that when I come back from my hols. Meanwhile, I'm off to prepare for my 2-week well-deserved break :) :) :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

Thank you very much for your kind words, my dear friend.Hugs...
It was so nice to visit your blog again. I have always loved your work: you are so talented. Love your cushion covers and your bags look very stylish.
Olga

May 4, 2013 at 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home