Saturday, November 5, 2011

ATCs, anyone?

The first time I heard about ATCs was when I asked a friend what she had been doing on the crafting scene lately and her reply was that she had been fiddling with ATCs. She then took the trouble to explain and sent me some pictures and links.

That’s how I learnt that ATCs or Artist Trading Cards are basically just miniature works of art. These 2 ½ inches X 3 ½ inches (the measurements are mandatory) cards can be created in various media, including dry media (pencils, pens, markers, etc.), wet media (watercolor, acrylic paints, etc.), paper media (in the form of collage, papercuts, found objects, etc.) or even metals or cloth. Finally, these cards are to be traded or exchanged and NOT sold.

All this being new, I was naturally piqued and pestered my friend to organize a swap...which she did. I didn't mind doing a bit of publicity and pressuring persuading my friends to join :-) After all, the theme suggested (Alphabets) was so general and the technique was like… anything goes! Hah!!! Easier said than done :-( because finally only 4 of us took up the challenge!!!
Still, I was not discouraged and I've actually finished my part of the bargain :-) Here, enjoy…

 Thanks for dropping by again.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Eee so cute! I went to Michaels, a craft store last week and I saw tiny canvases at the sizes you mentioned and I remembered they are ATC canvases! I thought of you at once. Glad to see you are doing this. I don't know if I could paint on something so tiny!

November 7, 2011 at 5:37 AM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Grace. I just used the style I know & love best:-) Creating the cards was a breeze to me compared to persuading friends to take part in the swap!!! Hmmmm... want to take part in the next swap? :-)

November 7, 2011 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger Janet C said...

How true....creating is easier than persuading! :(
Can't wait to receive a piece of your lovely work!

November 13, 2011 at 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home