Friday, September 2, 2011

2-slash Pinks & Greens

When will I ever sew up a man's quilt? I just realized that those I've done thus far have all been on the feminine side. You know what I mean? In terms of colours and fabric choice... Don't get me wrong. I have no qualms about sewing pinks and florals till eternity! It's just that this thought came to my mind when I was sewing for my nieces. You see, it's high time I start on something for my nephew and THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT IT!



Truth be told, I started off with my nephew in mind but when I looked into my fabric stash, something else "lit up" and I started picking out this combo of colours and fabrics.

Not that I'm unhappy with the result (I'm totally in love with this latest quilt top!) but I guess I really need to work harder if I'm to get anything done for a guy.  For a start, I must put a ban on all floral prints and all shades of pink (and stick to geometric designs and shades of blues).

I know, I know... easier said than done. Well, we'll see.... Meanwhile, thanks for dropping by. Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous LC said...

Wow, this is beautiful. I found you while searching for "how to make a pencil case" where I found the Pink Penguin and then your comment with the link to your site. I've made quilts before, very amateur with just squares, so to see all of these "random" squares is just so exciting. How do you do it? Do you use some sort of pattern that you make? How do you sew the pieces together and get all your seam allowances perfect? If you could post a mini-tutorial, I'd love to see it!!! P.S., I made a nice "man's" quilt using NFL fabrics from Joannes. :)

October 8, 2011 at 11:59 PM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

Thank you for your compliments, LC.The design is not at all difficult (the explanation is a different story though!!!) and I would recommend it to any beginner. It uses a technique called "stack & slash" which I learnt from a friend (& which I'm sure you can google out too). If you have problems, let me know & I'll try to do the tutorial. Good luck :-)

October 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home