Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm back with...

...Whatever can this be??? 

But first, my apologies for not blogging. As you can see from my last post, it's been months. Why? Oh, for various reasons which I will not bore you with :-) But suffice to say, I'm back!
OK, this is a picture of one of the very initial stages of my project. No idea still? Right, I won't tease. Scroll down please.
My latest creation - a patchwork pencil case inspired by Pink Penguin. Thanks for the really neat tutorial, Ayumi. It was not too difficult but I had problems with the bottom corners :-(

See? Not very neat because there were so many layers. But this was the best that I could do... and just to give you an idea how obsessed I was with sewing straight lines, this project took me more than 5 hours and at the cost of 2 broken sewing machine needles! :-)

However, I do like the pencil case and I will probably be churning out more soon :-) Thanks for dropping by. Have a great weekend.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ayumills said...

This is a really beautiful pencil case! Thank you so much for letting me know that you made this! I'm so glad you shared this on your blog! I'm sorry that there were some steps that weren't very easy, but your pencil case looks just fine and perfect!

March 5, 2011 at 2:14 PM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

Thank you for your encouraging comments. I did enjoy making it.

March 5, 2011 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger karlascottage.typepad.com said...

It looks complicated to me, I'm impressed!!

March 10, 2011 at 11:35 PM  
Blogger Grace Ng said...

I am a big fan of Pink Penguin too, I follow her blog!

March 16, 2011 at 1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home