Friday, October 22, 2010

Tea? Teabag? Teabag folding?

Today I discovered Teabag Folding and I'm hooked! 



Teabag folding is like Japanese origami except that it makes use of several identical squares (usually 8) folded exactly in the same way. These are then laid side by side or in an interlocking fashion to produce a symmetrical medallion or rosette like the one here. 


For my little weekend project here, I learnt 2 different folds from youtube but for each medallion I actually used only 1. Because I also experimented with a variety of paper and a different arrangement each time, I came up with this huge array of different rosettes. 


And again by changing the placement of the medallion, I had so many variations to the one card... as you can see here.  
And when I changed the rosette, I ended up with so many different cards I thought I started a factory (LOL!) Here are just a few of them.








Here I tried out a different greeting using another font and in a landscaped setting.


This is the finale of the day :-) I so love this simple cross. It reminds me of why Jesus came down to earth... to save sinners. 


Well, so much for these cards... have a great weekend everybody.




Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger AJ7 said...

So what are you doing with all these cards???

October 26, 2010 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

They will either go snail mail or hand mail to friends... I hope to recapture Christmas Past this year!

October 26, 2010 at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home