Sunday, October 17, 2010

Shabby chic with a difference

Here is my latest creation after the long hiatus. Having rested some, I finally went back to the cutting table and sewing machine two days ago. Yes, it's another shabby rag bag (LOL!) but with some differences ;-)

I still used 5"x5" squares but as you can see, I've scaled down on the number of blocks. Besides the new colour scheme, you'll notice I have incorporated denim. The snipping of the seams is also done further apart. The end result?

One COOL bag :-) I just love this rugged yet feminine look of the design.  

To stimulate my idle brain :-) I challenged myself to put in a zipper this round to close up the bag. Like all "first time efforts", I sweated through this one.

 Not perfect but I think I gave it a reasonably presentable finish :-)

You'll be seeing more of these shabby rag bags in the next couple of weeks. I need to run up a few more as Christmas presents. In fact, I'm giving away this one to a dear friend today... Quoting her "...can't wait till Christmas..." unquote. I hope she likes it :-)

Thanks for dropping by.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

What a lovely bag! And well done on the zip (my "nightmare" to sew). Your friend is sure to love the bag. And who can blame her for not being able to wait till Christmas!

Thank you for your lovely comment in my blog regarding my 4th blog anniversary. It is truly appreciated!

October 18, 2010 at 11:12 PM  
Blogger Janet C said...

I had been wondering if this bag can be zipped up and you just show it can! Lovely finish & nice colour combo.
PS. Haven't sewn mine yet! *hanging my head down in shame* '_'

October 20, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home