Friday, September 3, 2010

Sunshine Grace

Today is the start of our school mid-term hols... 2 whole weeks, what a break! Other than several piles of exam papers I have to mark, the rest of the time should be a bliss. Anyway, I'm not going to let the work put a damper on my crafts.

I couldn't wait to continue with the teddy bear. So right after breakfast, I continued my sewing. The rest of the paper pattern seemed OK and I didn't need to do any alterations. I stuffed up the various body parts and joined up the arms. The instructions said to use washers and rods for the moving limbs but that was such a hassle so I thought I'll just take the easy way out and sew them onto a fixed position.


Then I remembered this sweet pink and lacy teddy at Lovely Lace that made use of buttons at the joints... and it could move. I thought that was kinda cute too so out came the button bottle and in no time (figuratively speaking of course) had everything sewn up.


So allow me to present Miss Sunshine Grace ......


OOOPS! It's OK... She's just a little wobbly, like any new-born cub :-)
Look! She can stand on her own... and she will sit too. Is she not a clever bear? Sunshine Grace stands at 32cm and is about 23cm when seated.

I'm just so pleased with Sunshine Grace. I will definitely do another soon. Thanks for dropping by. Happy holidays!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Wooodychua said...

WOW!!!!! hmmmm......you SURE you're in the right job???? hehehe....please show my mum. It may inspire her before her grandkid comes out in march!!!!!

September 3, 2010 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

Nice to look at...but I'm not so sure about giving it to a baby since there are some small parts :-) But no harm using it as part of a baby shower with a big warning plaque! LOL!

September 3, 2010 at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home