Monday, September 27, 2010

Did I say no more bags for a while? Ok, now you know, I have a low tolerance for sweet and pretty stuff..... and when everyone who has made this tells you that making this bag is a piece of cake, what do you do? Don't know about you but I swallow - hook, line and sinker so to speak!!! Hahaha!
I must say they were right. It took me just a few hours to pull the whole thing together. I already had some pre-cut squares. Although they were bigger than the recommended measurements, I went ahead with them. After all, how far "off" can you go? The bag would probably just end up bigger...


Sorry to say, it didn't work out quite like I expected! So, I did another improvisation. Instead of 6 square blocks for the front and back, I did 2 half-squares for the middle panel. Similarly, the side panels are 2 half-squares. The bottom panel is made up of a half-square, a quarter-square and another half-square. After that, I pretty much followed the instructions given. The bag turned out great and the size was just right!


Here is my bag, sunbathing on the clotheslines - after being given the full works that included a big wash and spin in the washing machine - all part of the production process, I assure you  :-)  and when it was dry, I got...

...this wonderfully raggedy look! Coooooool, yes? I must try another! And THAT is a promise :-) Thanks for dropping by, everyone. Have a wonderful week!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet C said...

How many layers did you use? I like the fluffiness! :)

September 27, 2010 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

3 layers ... the front fabric, the flannel (cut smaller), & the inside fabric... if u need more info, we can google chat later 2nite.

September 27, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home