Friday, September 17, 2010

Building on unfinished blocks

This star block is another ONE of my MANY unfinished projects... but thanks to Tooty Fruity, I was inspired to  sew another bag. I didn't want to buy fresh material and that's how I ended up with this combination. Not bad, I hope :-) Anyway, I'm not going to unpick even if you tell me it's the horrible-st colour mix you have seen in your whole life time! LOL! I'm sure you will be "gentle" with your comments :-)
And here is the finished product. It measures 16.5" x 17.5". Yup, I'm into big bags this round :-)
...and here is the back. I used this big floral print because I wanted the pinks and greens to brighten up the star block... and I had the royal blue cotton drill pick up the tiny blue flowers.
The inside is made from vintage quilted fabric of a light green shade. I did not use interfacing here except for the pockets. One side has the boxy type pockets while the other spots the normal flat one. It took me some time (2 days to be exact) to get this done but I'm quite pleased with the outcome. Thanks for dropping by.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Janet C said...

I think that's a nice combo!

September 20, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home