Saturday, August 14, 2010

Old vintage looks

 
I remember during my primary school days at the Convent, there was this nun that sold us these mini fabric coin purses she made. They were rather plain-looking things, many of them light blue in colour (probably made from left over school uniform material) but somehow I was always drawn to buy them as a little girl... I guess my love affair with handicrafts began long before I knew it :-)
Anyway, memories of yesteryears inspired me to try out this... I used a printed fabric (English cotton) instead of a plain one though... and I purposely made it a tad larger.
To give it that vintage look, I sewed on a really old button... and I mean REALLY OLD - I found this one in my grandmother's button box :-)
Ok, it looks nothing like the purses I mentioned earlier but I think it's kinda cute. Now, to test out my creation...
Ahhhh... the utter joy of having made my very own antique coin purse, no words can describe :-)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Janet C said...

Wohoo.....!! You've been on a sewing frenzy! All the various pouches are lovely and the vintage coin purse...which sister made it? How come I don't remember?

August 15, 2010 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 15, 2010 at 10:41 PM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

I'm not surprised you can't remember. She was not one of those sisters in the academic front and she wasn't a "regular feature" either! I myself don't even remember what she looks like anymore but I can still vividly picture her standing outside the school bookshop during recess time when she had stuff to sell.

August 15, 2010 at 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home