Friday, June 4, 2010

Bag awry

You know when I'm on a new craft, after I finish the first, I just can't wait to do another (and another? and another...) There's this obsession to innovate? Well, I started off on Sweet Pea, my second tote... sewed away excitedly... and finally, it was done. Eagerly, I stood back to look at my handiwork and *poof!* my heart sank right down to my toes! What was wrong?



I don't know... I can't put my finger on it suffice to say I just didn't get that "high" that I got with the jean tote! All that hard work turned out not quite what I envisaged :( Maybe, it's the material (too light weight, creases too easily...)? Maybe it's the size (too big)?


Anyhow, let me give you a closer look... I chose a sweet floral print as the main fabric for the top and a dotty pale green cotton for the bottom. I had matching green and purple silk ribbons accessorising the front... 


...a loop and button fastening to close up the bag. This was not as difficult to do as I first thought.
...two open pockets and one zippy one on the insides... the one saving grace - *grin* - I put this on all on my own!





Sigh! Although my enthusiastic flames have been doused somewhat, I will plod on... Next round, a smaller version, you think??? Perhaps, a heavier fabric??? Let me chew on this.....

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger AJ7 said...

Still got time for this??? Thot the house is keeping you busy.... but nice one!

June 6, 2010 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

The house is keeping me busy... this is keeping me SANE!!! :-)

June 7, 2010 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger Yasmin said...

wahhhh so may project..( envy you ) cantik pe.. as good as the jeans tote..

June 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM  
Anonymous Grace said...

I think it is pretty, very girly. What is wrong with it? Did you use interfacing too? You probably want the thicker fabric that you use for home decor.Ikea has some good ones as well.

June 16, 2010 at 4:07 AM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

Thank you all. Agree with you, Grace. Bags need that heavier fabric "feel". The ones used here were just ordinary Japanese cotton... although I did put in the interfacing, it's "different" so that's one lesson learnt :-)

June 16, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home