Thursday, May 27, 2010

Let's start with a ball :-)

Not the medieval parties you are thinking of :-) ... more like this one below...


I know, I've been away far too long. I won't waste time on excuses :-) I just want to say that I fell in love with this exquisite ornament at http://hangingonbyaneedleandthread.blogspot.com/2009/12/quilted-christmas-ornament.html and http://anescherrer.blogspot.com/ (thanks a bunch for sharing, Susan and Ane) and knew I had to try out one.

 

I'm far from satisfied - it's not nice and round - but this being my first attempt, I'll just let it go. Next time, I'll stick to the instructions too... you see, I've had to make a bit of improvisation (this town is the exact opposite of a crafter's shopping paradise) and I had to use a 2 1/2" florist sponge ball instead of the stated 3" styrofoam ball.

Resolution: Will definitely be making more of these once I get the proper supplies. Meanwhile, here's hoping I won't go into hibernation mood for too long again ;-)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Yasmin said...

Nice one!!! Love it...

June 12, 2010 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Janet C said...

Lovely!
I bought a kit and made one a few years ago!

June 18, 2010 at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home