Monday, May 31, 2010

A bag called Jean

Let me introduce you to my latest creation...


I was browsing through a magazine last week when I was inspired to repurpose my old jeans that have been sitting idle in my cupboard for the last decade. Well, what was there to lose? Instead of throwing them away, let's save the environment! So I took out my scissors and roller cutter and worked away with no specific pattern or measurements in mind (which is great cos I love squeezing my brain juice!)



I've tried sewing bags before but this is the first time I am using a really stiff interfacing (cost more than double the normal ones we use for collars and cuffs). However, I must say, it's worth it cos the bag is actually strong enough to stand on its own.









Well, what do you think of Jean? If you want to take her home, you can check her out at http://soppysasa.blogspot.com/. By the way, my very trendy girl is so impressed, she wants a handmade fabric bag too! Now, that really speaks volumes to this mummy's ego (LOL!). Have a good day!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Yasmin said...

I love this!! great work and sooo creative too!!

June 12, 2010 at 2:23 PM  
Anonymous Grace said...

Very nice. I love jeans they are so versatile. Are you selling it for RM50? Why don't you try www.bigcartel.com, they have sellers from all over the world and you don't have to pay a fee to sell them online.

June 16, 2010 at 4:06 AM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

Yasmin: Thanks! Come join me?
Grace: Thanks for the info, will try that out later.

June 16, 2010 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Janet C said...

Very lovely. Good way to recycle! ;)

June 18, 2010 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger Carol R said...

A beautiful 'Jean' !

June 22, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home