Thursday, November 5, 2009

Masquerade Ball

Ever been to a masquerade ball? You know, the type of party where you attend wearing some costume and a mask? Well, my Little One will be going to one after her exams but she had trouble finding a mask that she liked and that fitted her (face as well as budget!). So? It's Mummy to the rescue of course :-) Care to see how this Fairy Godmother waved her magic wand? :-) :-) :-)


First I made a template from paper before cutting out the real thing on elephant card. Then the headache started... I had to make this raised part of the mask where the nose will fit in (yeap, here's trying to be professional all the way... LOL!) Tricky but I managed it finally. Next, I covered the whole mask with black velvet (special request from Daughter). See the picture above on the right? Worth all the trials and errors, right? After that, the decorating began. Now that was fun!


Out came the laces and trimmings... Daughter said "not sure of what to wear for the night yet so please stick to shades of white and silver" and so your wish was my command :-)


And then some "curly twirlies" at the edge... needed to soften the look a bit so what do you think of that millinery corsage? Something still missing, you said? I know...I added some danggly ribbons and while I was at it, I also threw in a string of teeny weeny faux pearls.

Daughter was not in favour of elaborate stuff so I kept it simple (as compared to those colorfully ginormous masks I googled for samples)... and finally, it was to the post office... Pos Ekspress too! Looks like this simple mask is not as economical as we thought! Well, I hope Daughter likes it and will have a great time at the ball. Remember to be back by midnight, my little Cinderella... LOL! As for the rest of you, thanks for listening to my babbling today :-)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger siewlan said...

Lovely little. Makes me want to attend a masquerade ball in that mask myself.

November 18, 2009 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger siewlan said...

Lovely little thing. Makes me want to attend a masquerade ball in that mask myself.

November 18, 2009 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

Me too... Holiday starts soon... want to get together for some craft work? You have any new craft to share?

November 18, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home