Sunday, October 18, 2009

Update of Scrappy Trips Around the World

TA DAAAAH!!! If you like the vintage and country look, you will love this :-) As you can see, I finally decided to go queen-size (with a bigger quilt, you see more of the design) and so that's why the long blogging silence. I have been spending every free minute trying to come up with the additional 4 diamonds. It's obviously very tedious work - each tiny little square is 2" X 2" but the technique I learnt from Quiltville helped make this project absolutely fun.




Took a while for me to decide on the borders too but the effort was worth it, don't you agree? With so many colours in the diamonds, I thought I would go for a darker border and here the navy polka dot worked beautifully. Then, I used a light stripy fabric for another round of narrow trimming before finishing off with a broad outer border of smoky grey rose print to accentuate the squares and diamonds.

I'm almost there... I still need to do the backing (or haven't you noticed? LOL!)... Well, if things work out, I hope to put up some of my quilts for sale this Christmas. They should be available by late October - unless they get "hijacked" along the way to Little Miss Muffet's Closet :-) Thanks for dropping by and do visit again.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

I love your new work, the colors are so great!

October 20, 2009 at 1:58 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

Nice one Aunty Lee Fan!

October 21, 2009 at 2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home