Monday, October 5, 2009

Scrappy Trips Around the World

I am so thrilled with my latest project. It's called ScrappyTrips Around the World (and you can see for yourself why). I got this free pattern... and many more :-)... from Quiltville, courtesy of the very generous Bonnie Hunter.

See the diamond? It is actually formed from 4 blocks (of diagonal strips) rotated and pieced together . Look below... I've got 20 blocks laid out on the floor. See how I've turned and twisted the basic diagonal blocks to form the radiating diamonds? No matching of colours, no scratching of the head - literally anything goes! This is SO fun... LOL!!!

I have just 1 more diamond (4 more blocks) to go and it's done :-) ... but then, do I want a single or a double? That is the question ;-)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Yasmin said...

Good work! Another winner here.Looks complicated but stunning nonetheless!Cannot wait to see the finish piece. Still have not started on mine yet.huhu

October 5, 2009 at 10:58 PM  
Blogger JariJari said...

Hi! I found your blog via Yasmin's...I like your work very romantic and shabby chic..great job!

October 13, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home