Saturday, August 29, 2009

My very first scrappy quilt

Finally I'm ready to showcase my very first scrappy quilt. Measuring 82" X 82", this queen size project is built up from light and dark fabrics. As you can see, I have been working around 3 main shades - reds, browns and greens... and I just love how it has turned out!

This is definitely no week-end project. In fact, it took me weeks to gather the fabrics and months to get them to evolve into this 392-carat (392 scraps!) diamond. Although it was relatively easy to make, I won't be doing another one real soon! Getting scraps was a monumental task... I cheated in the end and bought some of the fabrics (LOL!)



Now, I'm sure you will agree that a mega project like this one deserves an extra special owner and there is none more worthy a recipient than my beloved parents. This is their belated birthday present :-) ...and I had better get down to work on the backing too or this will soon become next year's present!!! (LOL!)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Wooodychua said...

Super nice one!!!!! lovely clear diamond pattern. beautiful!

August 31, 2009 at 12:09 AM  
Anonymous noora said...

I think you've outdone yourself!

August 31, 2009 at 2:29 AM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

Thanks for the compliments. I do love this quilt and am tempted very much to keep it as my other half also likes the scrappy traditional feel... but I think my parents deserve this. Never mind, I'll make another scrappy one for ourselves as my next project :-)

August 31, 2009 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Yasmin said...

wow! another one! Looks great! I'm sure your parents will love it!

August 31, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home