Friday, August 7, 2009

Newfound treasure

EEEEEEEEK! I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked into one of my favourite shops today! A coffee pot with matching cups and saucers in the same rose design as my tea set was beckoning to me from the shelf at the main entrance. It only seemed right that they came home with me so I didn't even think twice! :-)

You know, eon years ago, I had been drilled by my Home Science teacher that coffee goes into a coffeepot and never a teapot (God forbid!)... I even had my own little memory verse to help me remember the difference...

Drink hot coffee, drink hot tea
Coffee in a coffeepot, not a teapot, you clod!
That one may be squat and jolly
But the coffeepot? She's tall and stately!



I have often wondered where my collection of rose crockery came from (if only they could speak!). Well, these ones don't say on the box but the word Japan is glazed on the bottom of the containers so I'm wondering... or is that a red herring? I've decided it doesn't matter, I still love them all - don't you? By the way, did I mention that the shop had quite a few other accessories of the same design. I just didn't have enough time to today... guess where I'll be heading first thing after work tomorrow?! LOL!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger s a r a h said...

ANOTHER SET? LOL :P

August 9, 2009 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger Wooodychua said...

ANOTHER SET???????

Sorry for being repetitive but it does beg to be said! hahaha....

but i know...i know....the previous one was a TEA set rite??? so, perfectly excusable. :o)

will look forward to pouring from it on a tea party cum ladies-quilting-eating party.

August 11, 2009 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger ♥ debbie ♥ said...

ANOTHER SET?????!!!?? *peng*

August 11, 2009 at 11:11 PM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

A hospitable lady (ahem!)like me can never have enough of fine bone china, especially when they come in the English rose designs that I love to distraction (hint! hint!) LOL!

August 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger Carol R said...

Beautiful coffee set - what a find!

August 15, 2009 at 6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home