Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I need a looong holiday

... to catch up on all my projects. Wishful thinking, I know :-( You see, while tidying up (or trying to, at least) my sewing corner, I noticed the 2 scrappy quilts I started some time ago that urgently need my attention. However at the moment, I'm working on 3 really exciting projects so I've had to make a mental note to come back to them later. What's taking up all my attention, you ask? Here, let me show you my latest "latest" - waiting to be pieced together :-)

Don't you just love the colour combination? Needless to say it was love at first sight the minute I saw the rose print in the shop. I found the unusual pastel blue-green dotty material among my stash and decided to use it because it gave such an interesting contrast to the light peachy fabrics I used. Even the simple gingham had its role. And in case you think it was a breeze for me here, I assure you I had had to work on it for several days. In fact, my initial blocks didn't come out the way I wanted and had to be recycled so look what I churned out...


This pretty patchwork tote is now sitting in the blogshop http://littlemissmuffetscloset.blogspot.com my daughter set up recently. Do feel free to pop over for a visit. You might want to take her (and other goodies) home ;-)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger TinaTx said...

Love that color combo!
I answered your question about the 'cabinet' on my front porch in my comment section but in case you don't see it there, here is the answer -

The 'cabinet' is a yard conservatory - or that is what Linda at Linda's Blue Gate calls them(if I had the link I would insert it here but if you search Linda's Blue gate she should come up) She makes them out of old windows and decorates them all up with broken china. Trash to treasure!
We usually call mine a 'porch house' since it sits on my front porch. I usually keep plants in it, but at the moment it has a garden statue.

May 19, 2009 at 3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home