Friday, May 15, 2009

Roses and Blues

Here is the second project of 3 that I mentioned in my last post. Actually, this piece was started last year but I got distracted half-way! So yesterday I thought I would try to at least finish up piecing everything together. The going was better than expected and I managed to get all the borders done :-)


This quilt, in lovely shades of blue, beige and green, is worked round the darker rose print. I wanted to try sashing again but dreaded the extra work so I had the blocks joined up into bigger blocks of four first. This makes much lighter work as there is less sashing involved. The final product turned out pretty neat and I am more than pleased.



When the whole works is done, I intend to put this into littlemissmuffetscloset. Meanwhile, I must learn the art of "letting go". I tend to get a tad too attached to all my "babies" :-( Have a great weekend.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Shabby Raggy Roses said...

I love this quilt - the colours are amazing! Thankyou for your visit to my blog! My blocks were a simple 9 patch of 5" squares, then cut into quarters. So simple, but effective.
Best wishes,
Jenelle

May 17, 2009 at 4:54 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Every time it is such a pleasure to see your works, love your new quilt and the tote bag is gorgeous!
Have a great week!
Hugs,
Olga

May 18, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home