Friday, April 3, 2009

Unexpected bargains

While out window shopping with a friend yesterday, I came across some pretty crockery bearing the very design I am collecting. Needless to say, I brought (... I mean bought) some of them home :-) Here's part of the hoard...
First, I was taken up by the very unusual shape of these decanters which came in 3 sizes. I got a large one to use as a teapot...


and a medium one as a creamer. I also found this cute little jar I thought will do great for my sugar...


The cup and saucer came in a slightly different colour (more pinkish brown than pinkish purple). Unfortunately, I couldn't resist the unique shape of the saucer... so I picked up six of each :-)

Here then is the set I put together. The other half of my hoard? Let's leave that to another day, shall we? :-) Have a good weekend!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Yasmin said...

gorgeous! Sure cannot sleep tonight! hehe.. will be dreaming of teapots and teacups.!!!

April 3, 2009 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger ♥ debbie ♥ said...

it looks like a labu sayong with a spout and handle...

April 3, 2009 at 8:48 PM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

Hahaha... it does, doesn't it? It doesn't really match (on second thoughts) so I think I'll use the cups & saucers on their own...

April 3, 2009 at 10:21 PM  
Blogger AJ7 said...

So when is tea?

April 3, 2009 at 11:24 PM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

How about Mon afternoon at Christina's? With the Ngs here, it will be real merry :-)

April 4, 2009 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger Wooodychua said...

wow....and all this from a 'small town'???? alor setar is more 'british' than I thought!

April 7, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home