Saturday, April 4, 2009

Blissfully ecstatic



I am thoroughly excited, totally enraptured! I've just finished piecing together Roses & Romance and after putting in the borders, I thought I would just sit back for some reflection.

Well, with all humility, I think this piece of work is just fabulous and I am really proud of it . Looking at it, I feel so... irrepressibly exalted? elated? exhilarated? Words fail me (LOL!!!)

This project is definitely my most satisfying so far. I have also changed my mind about keeping Roses & Romance for myself as there is someone (my other darling girl) who deserves my blood (poked my finger while pinning the pieces together!) sweat (sewing in the hot afternoon is not my cup of tea!) and love (this goes without saying) :-) Deb will be graduating this July and what better gift can I give her (without burning HUGE holes in my ever shrinking pockets) than this? :-) :-) :-)

OK, I must scoot out to town to get the flannel and backing material now. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful weekend :-)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Carol R said...

What a wonderful quilt and a lovely graduation gift for your daughter.

April 4, 2009 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger ♥ debbie ♥ said...

HARRRRRR????? so u mean i'm getting a blanket for my graduation gift?????!!!!???!! not 10 million dollars meh? haha... :P

April 4, 2009 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

Don't you think it should be the other way round? Returns for my investment???!!! Hahaha!

April 4, 2009 at 10:00 PM  
Blogger Yasmin said...

Too beautiful for words! Really envy all your quilts.

April 4, 2009 at 10:57 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Your Roses & Romance is so prtty, it will sure make a great graduation gift for your daughter.
Happy Easter, hugs,
Olga

April 12, 2009 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger TinaTx said...

That is absolutely beautiful!
Free motion quilting is done with the feed dogs on your machine lowered and you guide the quilt with your hands. I have not come anywhere close to mastering it yet. I'm sure you could find videos online. It can be done on any machine that will let you lower the feed dogs.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

April 28, 2009 at 4:14 AM  
Anonymous noora said...

Everything here is very ...well, you, LF! Exquisite!

May 7, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home