Thursday, February 12, 2009

Seeing stars!

Ta Dah! Yes! 24 blocks of my crazy (?) project completed!!! Progress has been slow but I'm working on it. In fact, I have been sewing a little this morning but am now taking a break. Time to do some reflection, too. OK, what do I think of this project? Frankly, I'm not too enamored by the turnout :-( Something's not quite right with the colours... maybe I should have used a little ash green - the colour of the leaves in the rose print - to bring out some contrast. Well, too late to do anything now... or is it? What if I put it at the border? What do you think of one of these combinations? I kinda like the first and the last. The second one on the left is also nice (but without the green I like)...





Hmmmm... looks like I'll have to chew over this... Wish me luck :-)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

I like the last one too. However, is it a plain fabric, does it have print on it? I find the trouble with plain borders, you normally would have to quilt it more ellaborately.

February 15, 2009 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Wow! You've done a fabulous work on this!
Well, I like the second in the second row better if to substitute the second :-)) fabric either to a solid light green fabric or another print with more green color in it.
Good luck on finishing it!

February 22, 2009 at 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home