Saturday, February 28, 2009

A morning well spent

It's been a while since we ladies had what I call a show-and-tell. So when someone suggested morning tea today, eight of us came together, bearing empty stomachs (lol) - and all our handiwork!

Now, when women gather, they are never short of food, agree? Look at this yummy spread below... Thanks a bunch to our generous hostess :-)

Right, so much for the appetizer (lOl!!!), back to the main agenda... Here is a friend's first. She did a replica of my first project, but with different fabrics of course. Turned out pretty cool, eh?
Of course some of us are already onto our second or third project - and one has even lost-count!!! Look at this lady's beauty of "darks and lights". She's making a queen-size bed spread out of this. It's not finished so I will take more pictures of it only when she's done. Besides patchwork, we are also diversifying :-) Some of us are going to pick up the dying craft of tatting. Note I used "dying"? We had to scour the whole of Alor Star for the shuttle and thread and only finally found some left over stock in an old dingy shop - the price was hardly yester-years' though! Anyway, I've done crochet and knitting before but never tatting. Somehow, I've always had this picture of myself with two left hands! Worse, when I picked up the shuttle and thread, I was all toes!!! The shuttle was dropping all over, the thread got tangled up every now and then, the knots wouldn't fall into place... However, I will persevere. So watch out for my tatting project :-)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Hi Lee Fun,
I loved your story of your special day with your friends. I am so jealous of all of you. I opened my blog and was glad to see I could click directly unto your blog and also Amelia's. I'm glad she joined your craft "tea". Wish I could have joined you all.
Love,
Linda

March 1, 2009 at 6:49 AM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

Indeed, there would have been 9 of us had you been around. We miss you loads. Perhaps we should log into Skype the next time so we can have tea and craft sessions together - in cyber space :-)

March 1, 2009 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger AJ7 said...

Nah..let me add...Skype us and we'll include you in our sessions. Video conferencing!!!!

March 2, 2009 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger Wooodychua said...

and how about the food? skype that too? hehehe.... i kinda wish i was in old town alor setar.....how can a leetle town be boring? i guess only when u duno 'WHO' is having exciting times..... makes me wish i were 'older' and maybe start picking up some of these things.. :o)

It's all luverly!!!

March 3, 2009 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

U don't need to be older to learn these sort of things :-)

March 3, 2009 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger deannalee said...

hey, i want to join you, just for the yummy food, esp pie tie. someone bought me a pietee maker and roti jala maker. i tried roti jala but yet to try pietee... share resipi pls
.

March 23, 2009 at 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home