Friday, January 9, 2009

When kindred spirits get together...

...it's show time! After a stressful first week of re-adjusting to school and work, I can't think of any better way to spend my time. So, my friends and I devoted this morning to patchwork and that included a drive down town to help one of the gals pick out some fabrics for her borders - and for me to stash!!! (LOL)...


This is my friend's project. Because she was doing machine patchwork for the first time, she went for something simple. I think that was a really smart move cos a simple project is quick and easy to do. And when it is achievable, you will be motivated. In any case, simplicity can be quite stunning too. I must say the pix here doesn't do her work justice as you can't really pick out the colours of those dainty pastel flowers. It's really sweeeeet :-)


This is my other friend's piece. She was the one who taught me to crazy patchwork and just look at hers. CRAZZY !!! I really like her choice of fabrics and colours. If you noticed, unlike mine, she didn't do sashing (the strips separating each block)... but I love this effect just as much. In fact, I've promised myself that this is going to be my next project!!! Which means ;-> I'm off now to look into my stash for some coordinating fabrics... Thanks for dropping by to read my blog. Have a lovely weekend :-)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

Lots of pretty work! it's a great way of relaxation.

January 10, 2009 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger AJ7 said...

And one friend so siao abt patchwork that now not so much mood left to bake her usual goodies.... 8(

January 12, 2009 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger Wooodychua said...

and who is this 'baker' who is in danger of becoming a 'patchworker'?
I love the colours!!!!!! can't wait for the crazy crazy quilt to be ready! i told mum that when i kenot sleep at night, i will 'count' fabric pieces, and try to make 'sense' of the 'pattern'....hahahah beats sheep anytime!

January 29, 2009 at 8:43 PM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

Hmmm... better a patchworker than a baker... Can "jaga badan mah" ;-P

January 31, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home