Friday, December 5, 2008

Decorating for Christmas

Time to deck the hall and bring on the festive cheer. I love decorating for Christmas but I admit, some years I just let it go. This round, I wanted to do something. Nothing ostentatious though, mainly recycling stuff I bought or made over the years. Here are a few pictures. First, something welcoming... a variegated tinsel, faux fruits, bells and ribbon twisted round some stiff wire resulted in this huge luxurious-looking Christmas wreathe now sitting at my front window facing the road.

Hanging on the front door is my good ole year-round plaque, changed into her festive best :-)

Next, we have our 6-ft artificial tree. Nothing beats a live one, of course, but short of growing it yourself, you will be hard pressed to buy one in this little town. The multicoloured running lights kaput-ted just after Christmas last year but hubby says "Can be repaired"... and we are still waiting!

Meanwhile, we are making do with this smaller table-top pine which we got the other day at TESCO for a song. Actually, I was trying to pass this off as the tree but my younger daughter would not hear of it and that's how we ended up with 2 trees crowding up our lounge!

Christmas is not Christmas without poinsettias so I've got a bunch on the the coffee table.

Finally, the dining area - marked simply by 3 candlesticks of different heights...

And that, my friends, brings us to the end of today's post. Thanks for stopping over and do come by again :-)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger deannalee said...

wow, my tai soh's home is turning country home this christmas....good effort, my dear! i love all those creative pieces ard the house....i noticed the antique cupboard...mana beli and bila? jealous......

December 6, 2008 at 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home