Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Crazy patchwork

Are you seeing stars already? I don't blame you. This design is what quilters call "crazy patchwork" and I have been working on it for the past two days like as if there's no tomorrow (LOL)!!! You see, I fell in love with this pattern when I saw my friend's and...

Ta dah!!! What do you think? This is only half done (not counting the borders)... Difficult and time consuming piecing all these odds & ends you say? I thought so too until my friend shared the wonderful technique called "stack & slash" with me. This means you literally stack a few pieces of cloth together when cutting. If you look carefully, you will see some repeated blocks (though never in the same colour arrangement). See the top right pix below... Neat huh?

Right, I'm off to continue my sewing. I must try to finish everything before school reopens again in another 10 days time. Sigh! This holiday has been so fruitful I wish I can make time stand still... Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home