Monday, November 10, 2008

PSALM 23 RSV (Rrevised Student Version )

Tomorrow is a big day for my younger daughter. To mark the culmination of her 5 years in secondary school education, she will be sitting for the SPM examination. I believe this is the toughest of all our school assessments – partly because of the sheer number of papers involved. She’s taking 11 subjects with a total of 23 sittings.

Throughout the last two years, hubby dearest and I have been yoyo-ing back and forth – AS ALL GOOD PARENTS MUST (Lol) – between counseling and chiding, rewarding and reprimanding, exhorting and hounding, supporting and threatening, encouraging and praying… It’s been EXTREMELY stressful and exhausting for all involved. Like any student, Sarah’s had her good and bad days. I suppose these past few years can be likened to that of our family taking a journey, with the last two being in a long and sometimes dimly lit tunnel! Where she stumbled and fell, we picked her up, where she couldn’t move another inch, thank God our Lord Jesus was there to lift her up and carry her through :-)

And now that the crucial stage is here, I must leave you with this blessed prayer, Sarah. I came across it on the Net. It's PSALM 23 (RSV) - Revised Student Version!!! (Lol) The person who wrote this is a gem! Thank you whoever you are for sharing and bringing on the smiles during this trying time.
PSALM 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not flunk;
He keepeth me from lying down when I should be studying.
He leadeth me beside the water cooler for a study break;
He restoreth my faith in study guides.
He leads me to better study habits
For my grade's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of borderline grades,
I will not have a nervous breakdown;
For thou art with me.
My prayers and my friends, they comfort me.
Thou givest me answers in moments of blankness;
Thou anointest my head with understanding.
My test paper runneth over with questions I recognise.
Surely passing grades and flying colours shall follow me
All the days of my examinations,
And I shall not have to dwell in this misery forever,
Amen!

So, Sarah, over to you now :-)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Grace Ng said...

All the best to Sarah!

November 12, 2008 at 10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Jer 29:11

November 13, 2008 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger Nina said...

Thanks for your comment :)
I wrote an answer there.

If I'll make again fimo roses or any else I'll take photos but I won't post on my blog, if you want I'll send you in email.
LAter :)

Nina

November 13, 2008 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Good Luck on Sarah exams!

November 18, 2008 at 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home