Saturday, November 8, 2008

Getting ambitious

OK, I'm back... for a while at least. Have had to take a hiatus to attend to the family and some health issues that came up. Here, I thank God for the support given by friends and loved ones. I know I may still have to run off again when the need arises, but that did not stop me embarking on a new project :-) For the past two days, I've actually managed to spend some time on my latest passion. Here's a peek...

I hope I have not bitten more than I can chew (Lol)... because this round, the finished piece is good for a double. The design is by Jullie Wallace who took inspiration from the 1890s scrap quilts she saw while travelling in America. Mine will probably not be reminiscent of the colours of that period (Remember, the fabric stores here are rather pathetic) but I do hope I can at least re-create the patterns of that elegant era. The project so far...

I'm really enjoying this. Since it's a scrap quilt and there's really no particular arrangement of the blocks, I just can't wait to see the outcome. Also, I love the fact that I'm finally getting to use up all my "bits and pieces" :-) Well, time to get back to more stitching... and thanks again for dropping by!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Hi Lee Fun,
I love your blog and your quilt. I'll have to come back later when I have more time to read all of it. Wow, Mamma Mia in KL. George and I joined Poh Choo and Siew Wah, Molly and her daughter at that same theater for Saturday Night Fever and loved it. Oh how I wish we could join you for all the fun. Happy stitiching!
Love,
Linda

November 9, 2008 at 10:58 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Another good start.

November 18, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home