Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yipeeeee!

YESSS! I completed "Autumn Colors" this morning, spent almost an hour cracking my head how to finish it up and finally, some five hours later, ta-ta-ta-dah...

As I've shared earlier, Olga intended this design for a scissors fob but being short of resources, I used Aida. Naturally, this turned out bigger than expected so I have turned it into a needlebook cum scissors case. The finished work now measures 8cm X 8cm.

Used yellow ocher checks for the back and scissors pocket to coordinate with the brown interior. Didn't have the right color felt so I improvised and used a piece of Aida for parking the needles. I also added the maroon and dull green silk ribbons to give the inside a little more colour.

The front, I decided on a beaded border to enhance the beading on the design.

More pictures of the finished project...

... and now, for a much deserved rest :-)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Bo Boon said...

Wow!!! Really gorgeous. Stitched and finished like a pro!! Love the checked fabric for the scissors case.. I have some felt that I can spare.

September 29, 2008 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Carol R said...

Beautifully stitched and a perfect finish - well done

September 30, 2008 at 2:56 AM  
Blogger Faby said...

Oh, it's very pretty indeed! You made such a beautiful job of this needlebook...!

October 6, 2008 at 4:38 PM  
Anonymous Holly said...

Your needlebook is wonderful and beautifully finished! Congratulations!

December 12, 2008 at 4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home