Monday, July 21, 2008

Smashing stashing time

Went downtown to one of the bigger haberdasheries last weekend. What luck! They were having a clearance sale and look what I found and took home...

3 pairs of scissors!!! The biggie for cutting fabrics and the smaller ones for different project bags. Not exactly what I had in mind. Actually, I've been drooling over (lol) those small quaint-looking needlework scissors I saw on other stitchers' blogs. Have been on a look out for these for a while but looks like the shops here just do not stock them :-(

Buttons and charms... Have no plans for these yet but I'm sure they will come in handy one of these days (I think we don't call it stashing for nothing!!!). I just love the gold ornate-looking buttons, don't you? So antique-y, if there is ever such a word :-)

And lace. There was an overflowing abundance of laces of all kinds at the shop, all knocked down by 70% :-) I exercised full restrain (pats on the back!!!) and decided to just stash this (lol). The size and colour, I'm bound to make use of it.

Also got some fabrics. Again no projects in mind, just pure indulgence :-) :-) :-)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol R said...

Great stash buy - the lace is especially lovely

July 26, 2008 at 6:41 AM  
Blogger Cserny Cherry Ildikó said...

Dear Lee,
I tell you thank you for having visited my blog and I say thank you for your kind words, come another time! To the pincushion a fink, this show the process of the making here.
http://unptitoiseau.canalblog.com/archives/2008/03/11/8282409.html
Hugs
Cherry

July 28, 2008 at 4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home