Thursday, June 26, 2008

Picking up where I left off

A few weeks ago (or was it months???), my sister-in-law got me started on my first biscornu. Well after having sat on it like forever, I finally picked up the piece again tonight. I'm beginning to see some semblance of a design now but I've still a long way to go. It's really a challenge, this one, cos the squares are tiny and I have to use a mix of cross stitch and satin stitch. I have never attempted anything like this before. As you can see, I must have miscalculated some cos the flower is not sitting in middle. I will need to rip that out later and redo again. Darn! However I love the colours. Obviously, my picture-taking skill here is particularly in question tonight! The material is a far lighter shade and it is really very pretty in real life. I will try to take another picture tomorrow when there is more light,

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home