Saturday, May 31, 2008

Etui Box

This is an etui box. It's a type of sewing casket that was very popular in 19th century England. I made and sold one (Nah! the picture above is from my craft book) at the handicraft sale during Methodist Women Thanksgiving Nite last year... and I've regretted that ever since!!! Cos I never got the time to make another one after that (it took me like 2 whole days to put the thing together). Added to that, I also forgot to take photographs of my hard work before I parted with it. Darn!!! Anyway, I told myself this hols (come what may) I am going to squeeeeeze some time out to have a go at it again. So, ta dah!!!

..... Well, at least, I got it started :-) There is still quite a bit to go. I haven't made the lid and there's supposed to be another smaller box inside this one - but I might cheat and skip that if time does not permit ;-P

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

değişik kırmızılar hava veriyorr

May 31, 2008 at 5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... pretty. Looking forward to seeing the finished product when I come home! LOL. :P

June 1, 2008 at 1:56 AM  
Blogger Yasmin said...

A double WOW WOW!! Very, very gorgeous. Wanna do an exchange? hihihi

June 5, 2008 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger All things beautiful said...

Thank you. Happy that you all like it. No problem about the exchange. But will have to put on hold till next holidays. Won't be parting with this one. Have learnt my lesson well :-) No time to do another one since school starts in two days time and I have still a lot of unfinished work that needs immediate attention (and of course, I'm still procrastinating)....

June 6, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home